At SAHIC we collect different types of information about our users for five main reasons:
1. To fulfil contracted services
2. To keep customers up-to-date about the products and services they have purchased or subscribed to.
3. If we have permission from the user, to market products and services to them.
4. To provide personalized services unique to individual users.
5. To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer.
1. About us
• The protection of your privacy and personal information is important to us. We make sure that not only do we have appropriate security measures in place, but that any other organization we work with to provide a service also meets the same standard as us.
• We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing emails only from us and, if you agree, from other organizations we have carefully chosen.
• We will make it clear at the point when we request your information, what we are collecting it for and how we are going to use it.
• We will collect and use your personal information only if we have your permission or we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as collecting enough information to manage your subscriptions or process your event registration.
• We will minimize the amount of information we collect from you to what we need to deliver the product and services you have requested.
• We will be clear in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use it.
• Our websites are accessible via the internet. Please remember that if you post any comments or links on any of our sites that they can be read and accessed by anyone and everyone.
What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
We collect information on you:
• when you register for an event (including live streamed events), an awards program or competition
• when you contact us for information
• when you work with us in a commercial capacity, either as a sponsor or partner
• when you sign up for a newsletter
• when you use the website
• through cookies
• if you choose to reveal information in postings
• if you complete your details on research questionnaires, and
• when you enter sales promotions and competitions.
From time to time we may use some elements of the data you supply to target the messages we send you. For example, we may use your location to send you information about an event which is happening in the same country, or we may use your company type to send you a relevant news story.
None of this information is collated by wholly automated means and the rights and freedoms of the data subject are safeguarded by suitable measures.
2. Registering as a subscriber or delegate
The minimum information we need from you to register you as either a subscriber or a delegate is your name, job title, company name and address, landline telephone number and email address. We will ask you more questions for different services, including marketing emails. Unless we say otherwise, you must answer all the registration questions.
We also ask some other, questions during registration (for example, general demographic questions about your business) so we can gain a clearer understanding of who you are. This enables us to assess whether you qualify for a free subscription or registration, need to be invited to an event as a VIP or to deliver specific products to you.
We may also use these details to create anonymized audience information for our sponsors and partners to facilitate their advertising or commercial decision-making processes.
You always have a choice and can opt out of processing on this basis at any time by contacting our Database Department by email email@example.com or telephone +5411 5217-4544.
3. Other uses of your data
With your permission, we may also send you emails from trusted partners we think may interest you. At any time, you can decide not to receive these emails and will be able to ‘unsubscribe’.
We do not sell your data at any time. We will only share your data with our sponsors and commercial partners with your permission.
4. Updating your personal information
Under current data privacy legislation, you have the right to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your data without undue delay. You may also request access to the data we hold on you.
To do this or to update your personal information at any time please contact our Database Department by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +5411 5217-4544.
5. Who we share data with
We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes unless you have given us your permission. If we have your permission, we will share your information only with other organizations we have chosen carefully.
We can access and release personal information to keep to relevant laws and government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both us and our users.
• For statistical purposes to track how many users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect information listing which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users and from which countries.
• We use other organizations to collect anonymous user information, sometimes through cookies and web beacons, (information embedded in images which allow them to analyze how the website is being used and the number of visitors) e.g. Facebook.
• You can turn cookies off but if you do this, you may not be able to use all services on our websites and you might see more pop-ups and other advertising. This is because we won’t be able to limit what you see by using cookies. However, you will still be able to see our editorial content.
We use Google Analytics on our sites for anonymous reporting of site usage and for advertising on the site.
Changes to this policy by date